Looking for Instant Pot recipes for busy moms to help you save time?
I hear ya.
As moms, our hands (and schedules) tend to stay full.
We’re taking kids to afterschool activities, or homeschooling. Some of us are working, either out of the home or from it. And I think most busy moms know the struggle to stay organized in the middle of it all.
So cooking a healthy, homemade meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner can be a challenge when you’re running short on time.
Buying the right gadgets is one way to save time in the kitchen. Meal planning is another.
But if you really want to step up your cooking game (and save time) then there’s one thing you need: an Instant Pot.
Why Busy Moms Need Instant Pot
I love cooking with the crockpot especially in fall and winter. If you’re a crockpot fan, too, here are a few reasons why you’ll love cooking with an Instant Pot if you haven’t tried it yet:
- It’s a HUGE time-saver and cuts down on cooking time significantly.
- Instant Pot uses less energy than a traditional crockpot. (Great for cutting utility bills and saving money!)
- Pretty much anything you can do on the stovetop you can do with an Instant Pot.
- You can cook frozen foods without having to thaw them first.
- There’s no constant babysitting–you can set it and forget it.
- Super helpful for meal planning and prep or batch cooking.
- It’s a pretty decent price to pay for the convenience you get.
- The Instant Pot is easy to clean.
- It can hel you knock out holiday recipes so you can take care of other things.
- You can set it to turn off automatically or keep food warm after it’s done cooking.
In a nutshell, using an Instant Pot can take the stress out of cooking when you’re a busy mom who’s trying to get all the things done. And that can be PRICELESS!
👉Need help with meal planning?
$5 Meal Plan delivers pre-made meal plans right to your inbox! Plan dinner in less time, with less stress!
Where to Buy Instant Pot (and What to Buy)
If you don’t have Instant Pot yet, you could pick on up at Walmart, Target or Amazon.
There are lots of different models to choose from and the one you pick can depend on:
- What type of Instant Pot recipes you plan to try
- How much you want to be able to cook at one time
- What you need or want your Instant Pot to be able to do (i.e. pressure cooking, slow cooking, rice cooking, steaming, making yogurt, etc.)
It’s also important to make sure that you’re getting Instant Pot, not another brand of air fryer or pressure cooker. Otherwise, you may run into issues trying to prepare some of these Instant Pot recipes.
Here’s a quick round-up of some of the different options for Instant Pot.
Basically, the bigger the size and the more features included, the more you’ll pay for Instant Pot.
And one thing you’ll soon find out after buying an Instant Pot is that there are a ton of accessories you can use with it.
Technically if you just want to stick to the basics, you don’t necessarily need them. But if you need some recommendations on getting started with Instant Pot, here are a few things I just love:
Here’s an extra tip if you’re planning to shop Amazon for anything Instant Pot-related: download and install the Honey browser extension.
Honey automatically checks for the lowest price from all sellers across Amazon so you can get the best deal!
Instant Pot Cooking Tips
If you’re a total beginner, then there are a few things to know before tackling these Instant Pot recipes. Here are some pointers for foolproof Instant Pot cooking when you’re just getting started:
1. Read the instructions
I know, this should be a no-brainer. But I’m including it here as a reminder since an Instant Pot is NOT your typical crockpot or pressure cooker.
2. Don’t forget the sealing ring
This is kind of crucial to the cooking process, so make sure this is in place before you start adding ingredients to your Instant Pot. Also, these typically need to be replaced every 18 to 24 months, depending on how often you’re using your Instant Pot.
3. Use the Warming button wisely
The Warming button keeps your food warm once it’s done cooking. But be choosy about how you use it since leaving it on too long could lead to overcooked food.
4. Make timing adjustments if needed
The recipes I’ve included here do a pretty good job of getting the timing right. But just remember you might need to allow more or less time for cooking with frozen foods or preparing meals at high altitudes.
5. Don’t overfill your Instant Pot
The 6 quart Instant Pot is the most popular size and it’s important to check your measurements to make sure you’re not in danger of overfilling. If you need something bigger, try the 8 quart Instant Pot instead.
6. Use the right amount of liquid
So, you need liquids to make your Instant Pot work. But you need the right amount.
Too little and your food might burn. Too much and you might leach out all the flavor. So pay attention to exactly what you’re adding in.
7. Give meats time to rest
This rule is pretty much the same any time you’re cooking but you definitely want to follow it with Instant Pot recipes. Give meats 10 to 20 minutes to rest before carving to let the juices (and flavor) lock in!
93 Easy Instant Pot Recipes for Busy Moms
Okay, you’re ready for the recipes, right? I’ve grouped them by category so if you can scan the list to find exactly what you need.
Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
1. Healthy Easy Keto Low Carb & Gluten-Free Recipes – Healthy With Jamie
2. Instant Pot Chicken Legs – Instant Pot Cooking
3. Instant Pot Meatloaf (Keto) – Low Carb Yum
4. Gluten-Free Instant Pot Turkey Meatballs – Flippin Delicious
5. Gluten Free Chicken and Dumplings – Flippin Delicious
6. Instant Pot Vegan Cauliflower Potato Curry – Lathis Kitchen
7. Healthy Instant Pot Meals – All Things Mamma
8. Instant Pot Quinoa With Sausage and Vegetables – Babaganosh
9. Garlic White Wine Instant Pot Chicken Thighs – Creative Green Living
10. Easy Instant Pot Eye of Round Roast – Raia’s Recipes
Instant Pot Main Dish Recipes
11. Instant Pot Chuck Roast – Allergy Free Alaska
12. Pressure Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken – Hello Spoonful
13. Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs – Gluten-Free Palate
14. Instant Pot Pulled Pork – Allergy Free Alaska
15. EASY Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast – Shugary Sweets
16. Instant Pot Turkey Breast – This Ole Mom
17. Mississippi Pot Roast – A Cure for Monday
18. Instant Pot Whole Rosemary Chicken and Vegetables – Kitchen Gone Rogue
19. Instant Pot Pot Roast – Fantabulosity
20. Easy Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs – Wholesome Yum
21. Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken – Little Sunny Kitchen
22. Instant Pot Sesame Chicken – Little Sunny Kitchen
23. Savory Italian Pot Roast – Healthy Christian Home
24. Instant Pot Lemon Chicken – Powered By Mom
Easy Instant Pot Recipes for Dinner
25. Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas – Recipes From a Pantry
26. Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli – Recipes From a Pantry
27. Homemade Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings – A Moms Impression
28. Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe Sandwich – Plowing Through Life
29. Easy Instant Pot Ham Recipe With Vegetables – Sustain My Cooking Habit
30. Five-Ingredient Instant Pot Carnitas – A Calculated Whisk
31. Easy Instant Pot French Dip Sandwich – Monday Is Meatloaf
32. Instant Pot Italian Chicken and Veggies – Freezer Meals 101
33. Pressure Cooker Chile Verde Pork – Plating Pixels
34. Classic Shredded Chicken Tacos With Salsa Verde – Foodal
Kid-Friendly Instant Pot Recipes
35. Instant Pot Spaghetti – Instant Pot Cooking
36. Instant Pot Vegetable Lo Mein – Piping Pot Curry
37. Easy Cheeseburger Macaroni – Fantabulosity
38. Instant Pot Carnitas – Super Safeway
39. Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken – The Flying Couponer
40. Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Mac – Stef’s Eats and Sweets
41. Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole – The Thrifty Couple
42. Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes – House of Nash Eats
43. Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Casserole – Temecula Blogs
44. Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni – This N That With Olivia
45. The Easiest Instant Pot Chicken Tacos – A Moms Impression
46. Chicken Carnitas – Powered By Mom
47. Instant Pot Crack Chicken – Moms Cravings
48. Easy and Flavorful Instant Pot Ground Beef Tacos – Nourish and Fete
49. Instant Pot Pulled Pork – Two Kids and a Coupon
50. Instant Pot Chicken Sloppy Joe Sliders – Stef’s Eats and Sweets
Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
51. Incredible Instant Pot Cheesy Ziti – Monday is Meatloaf
52. Easy Cheesy 6 Ingredient Instant Pot Taco Pasta – This N That With Olivia
53. Instant Pot Chicken Marinara Rotini – Stef’s Eats and Sweets
54. Vegetarian Instant Pot Pasta Puttanesca – Marathons and Motivation
55. Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce – Blackberry Babe
56. Instant Pot Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta Casserole – When Is Dinner
57. Easy Instant Pot Meat Sauce – Attainable Sustainable
58. Farmhouse Instant Pot Loaded Lasagna – Plowing Through Life
59. Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna – This N That With Olivia
60. Easy Instant Pot Taco Pasta – Three Little Ferns
61. Instant Pot Ghoulash – Keeping It Relle
🌟Tired of wondering what’s for dinner?🌟
The Busy Mom’s Meal Planner takes the guesswork out of planning breakfast, lunch and dinner for your family! It’s a must-have tool for any busy mom who wants to save time in the kitchen!
Simple Instant Pot Recipes for Side Dishes and Snacks
62. Instant Pot Rice-a-Roni – Life Currents Blog
63. Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice – Mom Foodie
64. Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Instant Pot – Instant Pot Cooking
65. Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes – Blackberry Babe
66. Instant Pot Refried Beans – Attainable Sustainable
67. Instant Pot Pumpkin Curry – Little Sunny Kitchen
68. Instant Pot Mexican Rice – Tea Breakfast
69. Instant Pot Hummus – Everyday Maven
70. Vegan Green Lentil Curry – Moon and Spoon and Yum
71. Instant Pot Broccoli Mac and Cheese – Little Sunny Kitchen
72. Instant Pot Sticky Maple Ginger Rice Noodles – Moon and Spoon and Yum
Delicious Instant Pot Recipes for Soups and Stews
73. Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup – Recipes From a Pantry
74. The Easiest Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe – Because Mom Says
75. Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup – Wholesome Yum
76. Beef and Kale Soup – Raia’s Recipes
77. The BEST Hearty Beef Chili – Creative Green Living
78. Healthy Turkey Sweet Potato Chili – Hello Spoonful
79. Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup – Healthy Christian Home
80. Best Instant Pot French Onion Soup – Foodal
81. Paleo Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup – Gluten Free Palate
82. Vegetarian Taco Soup – Piping Pot Curry
83. Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup – The Olive Blogger
84. Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup – The Recipe Well
85. Instant Pot Clam Chowder – Mom Foodie
86. Instant Pot Beef Stew – The Flying Couponer
87. Red Curry Cauliflower Rice Vegetable Soup – Green Scheme TV
88. Healthy Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana – The Recipe Well
89. The Best Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup – Sidewalk Shoes
90. Instant Pot Potato Soup – This N That With Olivia
91. Quick and Easy Instant Pot Mexican Chili – Marathons and Motivation
92. Easy Instant Pot Tortilla Soup – Powered By Mom
93. Instant Pot Cabbage Soup Roll – The Flying Couponer
Bonus Instant Pot Recipe Ideas!
After I put this roundup together, I found a few more amazing Instant Pot recipes for busy moms to add to the list! Here are a few more worth adding to your recipe file:
Instant Pot Pepper Chili – Mommy Thrives
Instant Pot Potato Salad – Tasty Galaxy
Low Carb Instant Pot Salsa Chicken – Tasty Galaxy
15 Minute Instant Pot Vegan Chili – The Fitchen
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup in 45 Minutes – Mommy Thrives
Instant Pot Hearty Meatball Vegetable Soup – Crafty Seasoned Mom
Instant Pot Pork Carnitas Street Tacos – Crafty Seasoned Mom
Instant Pot Buffalo Ranch Shredded Chicken – Will Cook for Smiles
Easy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese – Mommy Thrives
What are your favorite Instant Pot recipes?
I hope these Instant Pot recipes for busy moms inspire you to get cooking!
They’re delicious, some of them are super healthy and they’re all designed to save you time and energy.
Do you have a favorite pressure cooker or Instant Pot recipe that’s your ace in the hole when you’re short on time? Head to the comments and tell me about it!
And remember to pin and share this post with another busy mama!